Advice with Application FormsA way to compare potential employees more easily is to use application forms. Employment Consultants and some employers use these in conjunction with CV's.
Ensuring that you spend time to fill in an application form properly will not only make an excellent impression but crucially a poorly written application form will end up in the reject pile! If you don't take care to fill in an application form properly the employer might get the wrong impression.
Taking the time to fill out a lengthy application form in shows commitment.
Here are a few pointers which will help give your completed form maximum impact:
- Copy the form and do a dummy run.
- Make sure that you read the Questions carefully.
- If an application form asks you "why should we employ you" make sure your response is to the point. This is your one chance to stand out in the crowd!
- Use black ink.
- Write in your neatest handwriting.
- If you don't know how to spell a word, use a dictionary or spell check don't just try and guess.
- If you do make a mistake, just line through neatly with a straight edge.
- Check through your completed form and make sure that you have not missed anything out.
- Copy your completed form and keep it one file for when that big interview comes!